I had a wonderful time chatting with Kara Swisher about All Things Digital up in SF earlier this week. while sipping a delightful chai (me) & java (her) in The Castro, i decided to turn the tables and put *Kara* in front of the camera for once. the following video is my first tyro attempt at video journalism.
since Kara so often writes on what all the Internet powerhouse companies should be doing, i asked her what she would do if she were CEO for a day at the following companies: Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, eBay, Facebook, MySpace, & AOL.
(apologies to Mr. Bezos: we forgot to include Amazon, altho they're executing pretty darn well lately so not much kibitzing needed).
briefly, the 100-word translation of Kara's tips for running Teh Internets:
* Google: full speed ahead to world domination. sentient machines, etc.
* Microsoft: don't take shit from Yahoo board. buy that mofo NOW Steve!
* Yahoo: STFUp & get bought already. $31 low? remember: YOU F'd it up.
* eBay: Open up. Get off marketplace. unt SCHTOP! being Fascist mit Sellerz!
* Facebook: Figure out how to Moneti$e. still, $300M buys you some time.
* MySpace: Same challenges as FB, only bigger. Grow up & get a real job!
* AOL: umm.... help! i've fallen and i can't get up! (geez, who the f knows?)
Wrapping up, i gave Kara a softball plug for The D Conference. which she doesn't really need, cuz they're already way sold out, with a waiting list of hundreds. [note to self: remember to ask Kara for more tips on selling out internet conferences... re: Graphing Social Patterns]
please try to ignore my Ed McMahon-like guffaws... i need to shut the F up & let the star do the talking.